|First Lieutenant Tsurumi will scold me!
This article is outdated, poorly written or lacks important information. It should be reworked!
Kirawus is a man of average height, with dark hair tied back by a matanpushi (traditional Ainu bandana) that covers his eyebrows and forehead, and sideburns that extend past his jaw. His age is not specified, but he has visible crow's feet and eye bags which may infer that he is middle-aged. He wears Ainu robes with his knife tucked into the cloth around his waist, and is usually seen carrying a rifle when he's traveling in the open.
Kirawus is practical and logical, first questioning Asirpa as of why she was using a bow rather than a gun given that a gun is stronger and more powerful rather than anything else. When with Kadokura, Kirawus also often questions what they are doing and why, sometimes providing other options. He does seem to hold some belief of/in luck, however he also seems to take reason as the priority.
He is also, like most of the Ainu throughout the series who receive screentime, very devoted to following the Ainu traditions, beliefs, and cultural values.
- Kirawus' name means "wearing horn", which stems from when he was a child, as he played around wearing deer horn often.
- Kirawus likes kokanee (a type of salmon) but dislikes snakes.
- Kirawus is shorter than Hijikata, Usami, and Sofia, and taller than Kadokura.
- Kirawus is lighter than Kadokura but heavier than Kantarou.
- In 2018 Golden Kamuy All-Stars popularity poll Kirawus ranked 31st, gaining 1 413 votes. 
|Main Group||Anji Toni • Kantarou Okuyama • Kirawus • Rikimatsu Ariko • Shinpachi Nagakura • Tatsuma Ushiyama • Toshiyuki Kadokura • Toshizou Hijikata|
|Former Members||Hyakunosuke Ogata • Kamezou † • Kano Ienaga †|
|Associates||Kenzou Tamoto • Kiroranke † • Takuboku Ishikawa • Yoshitake Shiraishi|