Kiroranke had a typical male Ainu haircut, with his hair reaching his shoulders and only the top of his head and the area around his ears being cut short. Satoru Noda said he based it on an old photograph of a Sakhalin Ainu of that time.
Kiroranke had blue eyes with defined eyelashes, angular eyebrows, and a thick beard. He had a muscular physique and a hairy chest. He wore a traditional Japanese army uniform with an Ainu garment called ruunpe on top of it. Kiroranke would also wear swirling earrings in both of his ears.
Kiroranke was a person who upheld strong ideals. While typically laidback and easy to approach, Kiroranke was a man of conviction who greatly cared about the ethnic minorities of Far East of Russia, as well as the future of the Ainu. Believing in his goal being just, Kiroranke was ready to take extreme measures to achieve what he deemed necessary for the liberation of the oppressed nations. He was shown to be capable of lying and deceit, manipulating Asirpa into remembering the code to the Ainu gold.
However, Kiroranke was never cruel and instead showed hesitation when it came to directly hurting or killing others. Some time after their first meeting, Hasegawa compared Kiroranke to Takayoshi Kido, who he described as "...cheerful, rational, and flexible man who stood up against a massive political power."
Kiroranke had a soft spot for horses and enjoyed caring for them. When he found out that the horses at Naganuma Racetrack were abused by the yakuza, Kiroranke decided to forsake his agreement with the bandits and win the race, even though it meant risking his own life. Kiroranke often displayed bravery, rescuing Shiraishi from drowning and coming to his aid when the latter was captured by the 7th Division, as well as saving an Orok man at the risk of being shot by a sniper.
Kiroranke expressed a lot of admiration and love for his guerilla comrades, Wilk and Sofia. While Kiroranke had romantic feelings for Sofia, she always saw him as a younger brother. Still, years later Kiroranke continued to care for Sofia. After discovering that Wilk had changed, Kiroranke was greatly distressed and upset with his friend, who he thought abandoned their ideals. However, when seeing Wilk's dead body, Kiroranke broke up in tears, mourning his comrade, showing that he still cared deeply about Wilk. Years later, Kiroranke once again showed Wilk kindness by killing him, comparing it to how the wolves that Wilk admired so much would kill their weak.
- Combat engineer. While in the army, Kiroranke was a skilled sapper who created improvise grenades and built tunnels to get close to enemies pillboxes.
- Foreign languages. Kiroranke is well-versed in several languages, including Japanese, Ainu and its dialects (Hokkaido and Karafuto Ainu), Orok, and Russian.
- Horse-riding. Kiroranke grew up riding horses, he is an experienced rider who can win a race against professional jockeys.
- Hunting knife (tasiro)
- Short knife (makiri)
- Tobacco box (tanpakuop)
- Kiroranke's name comes from the words kiro (meaning "strength") and ranke (meaning "to grant"). 
- Kiroranke's real name, Yulbars (Юлбарс), means "tiger" in Tatar or Uighur, and other Turkic languages.
- Kiroranke is from the Amur basin.
- Kiroranke liked fish more than meat, especially river fish, and refused to eat horse meat.
- Kiroranke was likely based on Nikolai Rysakov and Andrei Zhelyabov, who both participated in assassination of Alexander II of Russia.
- In 2018 Golden Kamuy All-Stars popularity poll Kiroanke ranked 18th, gaining 2,290 votes. 
- When asked what occupation Golden Kamuy characters would have if they lived in the present time, Satoru Noda said Kiroranke would be a building construction management engineer.
- Kiroranke was shorter than Tanigaki and Ariko, but taller than Kikuta.
- Kiroranke was lighter than Ariko and heavier than Kikuta.
- The song ラストページ (Last Page) by the band THE SIXTH LIE was written as a tribute to Kiroranke.
- According to Satoru Noda, Kiroranke has one of the biggest penises in the manga; the other listed characters are Tanigaki, Ushiyama, and Kikuta.
- According to Golden Kamuy anime character reference sheet, Kiroranke's height was 184 cm (6'0).
|Main Group||Asirpa • Saichi Sugimoto • Yoshitake Shiraishi|
|Former Members||Cikapasi • Fusatarou Oosawa † • Genjirou Tanigaki • Inkarmat • Kiroranke † • Retar • Ryu • Vasily|
|Associates||Hajime Tsukishima ☓ • Hyakunosuke Ogata ☓ • Otonoshin Koito ☓ • Tatsuma Ushiyama|
|Main Group||Kantarou Okuyama • Kirawus • Rikimatsu Ariko • Shinpachi Nagakura • Tatsuma Ushiyama • Toshiyuki Kadokura • Toshizou Hijikata|
|Former Members||Anji Toni † • Hyakunosuke Ogata • Kamezou † • Kano Ienaga †|
|Associates||Kenzou Tamoto • Kiroranke † • Takuboku Ishikawa • Yoshitake Shiraishi|
|Main Group||Asirpa ☓ • Hyakunosuke Ogata ☓ • Kiroranke † • Yoshitake Shiraishi ☓|